Thursday, June 21, 2012

TIL...

It's 7:12 and I've been working from home for about an hour.

I woke up at 6 this morning to work, because I told a co-worker yesterday that I had hit a landmark on a project, that I actually hadn't hit. But it needs to be presentable by 10 today for a meeting, so I got up early to finish it up.

I've been able to force myself to wake up at the butt crack of dawn in the past, if what I was waking up for was extremely important - like a mission trip out of the country, or my high school girlfriend's mom's legendary Saturday morning garage sale of 2005.

...or, y'know, something like finishing up a project that I said was already finished.

What I'm getting at is that I thought I had trouble waking up early in the mornings, but I guess the root of the problem is that I don't put enough importance on the things I would wake up for.

I've been saying I need to cram a meditation, workout, or creative endeavor into my pre-work day, which means waking up butt early to do it. But I guess those three things just aren't as important to me as doing overdue design work.




But seeing how easy it is for me to wake up early for a specific task gives me hope that if I can figure out a way to convince myself that meditation is more important, I might actually be able to wake up early every morning to do it.

No comments: